Saturday, May 31, 2014

A New Day Has Come


Life is beautiful. Because, I can enjoy the rain.

Rain coming down in sheets. Kissing, caressing and petting the young saplings and the big giants of trees, alike. No discrimination, no inhibitions. Love with no holds barred.

Rain coming down in sheets. Inviting, asking me to soak life in, to take to new people, new things, new experiences, new phenomena. To not discard the Past, but to lock it up in some inner recess of my mind, to be enjoyed in privilege.

Rain coming down in sheets. Washing the dirt and the dust. And all that’s waste. Giving me a clean slate. To start afresh.

Rain coming down in sheets. Sweeping me away. Off my feet. Promising to take me to those nooks and crannies of life I have never had the courage to explore before.




Rain coming down in sheets. Unlocking emotions. Kids dancing on the streets. People smiling open, wide smiles. A tear trickles down from the corner of the eye as a memory barges in. But the call of the rain is tempting. Too tempting to be ignored. I gently pull away from it, to be one with the rain.

Rain coming down in sheets. Peace takes over. Freedom from pain delivered. Ecstasy coursing through. Peace, Freedom, Ecstasy.

“Let the rain come down and wash away my tears

Let it fill my soul and drown my tears

Let it shatter the walls for a new sun

A new day has come” (A New Day Has Come, Celine Dion)

No comments:

Post a Comment